PE and Sports Premium
The Government is continuing to provide additional funding to improve physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. The money is being allocated to primary school headteachers and can only be used on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
Each primary school will receive £16000, plus £10 per pupil.
Our priorities for 2017-2018 are:
- Engage pupils in regular activity: Skooters £500
- Increase confidence, knowledge and skills of staff. External Sport and Gymnastic teachers to team teach with staff: £5600
- Broaden the range of sport offered to pupils: £5200
- Increase participation in competitive sports
- Increase the swimming abilities of KS1 pupils £4600
- Raising the profile of PE:
- one assembly per term per class will be undertaken on a dance/gymnastic presentation.
- Display board dedicated for PE £700
Impact of Sports Premium Funding
- 100% of children in Key Stage One and Key Stage Two participated in a focussed sporting activity day.
- 100% Children all engaged in the expert led sport sessions. Observation on the day evidenced an improvement in the children’s overall confidence, resilience, motivation and ability to work as a team. Alongside the development of these attributes, the children have demonstrated improved co-ordination, balance and dexterity in PE sessions in school.
- Thomasson children participated in Bolton Wanderers disabilities Sports tournament.
- Throughout the year we have welcomed Mr Juliffe to deliver CPD for all teaching staff.
- All of the children who received additional swimming instruction improved